The safety and health of our attendees and participants is our number one priority.
We are in close contact with local and state officials and continue to closely monitor and learn from best practices as they are implemented across the events industry to provide the best in class and safest experience possible.
The following regulations, policies and protocols will be continually updated and revised in accordance with on-going public health information and official guidance from the CDC, New York State Department of Health, New York City Department of Health and with advice from the Mayor’s Office of Citywide Event Coordination and Management. As new information becomes available, we update this page accordingly.
THE BELOW NYCWFF COVID-19 GUIDELINES WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO AT ALL EVENTS TO MINIMIZE TRANSMISSION RISK TO ALL ATTENDEES, CHEFS, STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS.
- REQUIREMENTS: NYCWFF is requiring that all event attendees and event staff (inclusive of chefs, sponsors and volunteers) be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to the event.
- Guests who will provide proof of vaccination will need to be fully vaccinated by the day of the event you attend – at least 14 days after your second dose of the Pfizer-BioNtech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days after your single dose of the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.
- For those who have not yet received their vaccination, you can find the nearest provider here.
- COVID-19 VERIFICATION: Guests will provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test at the event(s) they will be attending, as well as a completed health screening. Guest health screening will include presentation of a cleared health questionnaire, and a strictly-enforced, no-tolerance, refusal of entry policy for those presenting symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone presenting symptoms on arrival will be denied entry.
- STAFF HEALTH SCREENING: Staff (Festival employees, vendors, contractors, sponsors, chefs, and volunteers) will provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, as well as a completed health screening for each day that they are on site. Staff health screening will include presentation of a cleared health questionnaire, and a strictly-enforced, no-tolerance, refusal of entry policy for those presenting symptoms of COVID-19. Anyone presenting symptoms on arrival will be denied entry on site.
- GUEST REGISTRATION: Registration and the arrival experience for guests at festival venues will involve contactless digital ticket scanning, person-to-person material(s) exchange or transfer will be limited. Scanners will be sanitized regularly and only be handled by registration team members. Sanitation of scanning equipment shall be done according to CDC Disinfection Guidelines.
- PPE: Per New York State guidance, PPE (masks/face coverings, face shields, gloves, etc.) are not required.
- HIGH TOUCH SURFACES: Sanitizing and disinfecting of surfaces, contact points and guest areas shall be ongoing during operational hours. Sanitizing materials and products will be EPA and CDC approved for applicable uses.
- HAND SANITIZING: Abundant hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout event venues, for both staff and guests, containing a minimum of 60% alcohol content as recommended by the CDC. Hand washing stations will also be available, including soap, running water and disposable paper towels.
- SIGNAGE: Event signage and messaging regarding health and safety recommendations will be posted in all high-visibility event areas. Examples of signage messaging include:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a face covering.
- Properly store and, when necessary, discard PPE.
- Adhere to physical distancing instructions.
- Report symptoms of or exposure to COVID-19, and how they should do so.
- Follow hand hygiene and cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- Follow appropriate respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Refrain from touching or handling exhibits or objects that are assessed as high-risk.
- COVID GUIDANCE OVERSIGHT: NYCWFF will have a COVID compliance officer (or officers) on site to ensure compliance to all prescribed guidelines.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: All ticket purchasers shall be required to opt into acknowledging adherence to NYCWFF COVID-19 Guidelines before a ticket purchase is complete. Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer language will be included on all credentials, tickets and on signage displayed at all events.
FOR ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT INFO@NYCWFF.ORG.