Passionate Fans Enjoyed the Festival’s Return with More Than 65+ Live Events Across NYC benefiting God’s Love We Deliver and Food Bank For New York City.
The 14th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (NYCWFF) safely returned October 14–17, 2021 with more than 65+ live events across New York City. This year’s Festival drew more than 28,000 hungry attendees making it the largest scale wine and food event to return to the city since the pandemic unfolded. In line with NYCWFF’s mission to EAT. DRINK. FEED NYC. the Festival returned to raise awareness for its beneficiaries, God’s Love We Deliver, New York City’s metropolitan area’s leading provider of medically tailored meals and nutrition counseling for individuals living with severe illness and Food Bank For New York City, the city’s largest hunger-relief organization. NYCWFF also remained steadfast in its commitment to celebrate the robust and resilient New York hospitality industry by providing a vital platform for more than 400+ participating chefs, restaurants and wine and spirit producers throughout the weekend.
For the first time ever, the signature fan-favorite tastings were anchored at the newly renovated Hudson River Park’s Pier 76 and Pier 86, home of the Intrepid Museum, both of which featured sprawling outdoor areas which set the stage for a top-tier roaster of chefs, lifestyle personalities and wine and spirits producers to showcase their skills and product.
NYCWFF’s 2021 edition included a mix of new events and returning fan-favorites with plenty of highlights throughout the weekend, and several of the participating chefs and mixologists taking home top honors from the events. On Thursday, October 14 guests casted their votes while an esteemed panel of celebrity judges including actor, singer, comedian and television host Neil Patrick Harris, chef and author David Burtka, NY Jets linebacker CJ Mosley and YouTube star Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, decided whose burger reigned supreme at the Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray. The Blue Moon People’s Choice Award went to Mister Dips for their BBQ bacon dip and blackberry buttermilk shake, while Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer was crowned Pat LaFrieda’s 2021 NYCWFF Burger Bash® Champion by the judges.
Saturday, October 12 saw the ultimate showdown during Battle of the Boroughs: A Cocktail Showdown presented by BACARDI hosted by CNN commentator and The View on-air host Ana Navarro and cocktail- influencer Gio “Chat Chow” Gutierrez. The People’s Choice Award went to Rosa at Park from The Bronx while to the Judges Choice Award went to Coctelería Perla Negra from Manhattan.
NYC foodies also enjoyed unique one-night-only collaborations from their favorite NYC chefs in this year’s Intimate Dinner Series presented by Air France. The series featured more than 20 seated dinners held at NYC’s hottest establishments, including the God’s Love We Deliver rooftop terrace, and featured premium tasting menus paired with a variety of high-end wines and spirits from the Festival’s exclusive provider, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits. Participating chefs include Giada De Laurentiis, Bryan and Michael Voltaggio, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Marcus Samuelsson, Alex Guarnaschelli,
Michael White, Melba Wilson, Chintan Pandya, Emily Yuen, Corey Chow, Laetitia Rouabah, Amanda Freitag and Stephanie Izard. Several other stand-out moments capped off the star-studded weekend, including:
- Kendall Jenner promoted 818 Tequila and Jamie Foxx participated in a Brown Sugar Bourbon tasting at the Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits Trade Day at Grand Tasting hosted by Wine Spectator
- New York broadcast personality Elvis Duran and the Z100 Morning Show hosted Fratelli Beretta’s Taste of Italy with a special musical performance by Tai
- Rosanna Scotto of Good Day New York hosted Schmoozing with The Scotto Sisters: A Lunch hosted by Rosanna and Elaina Scotto part of the LIVEHAPPilly series presented by illy caffè at the family-owned Fresco by
- A Lunch with Daniel Boulud presented by Air France at the newly opened Le
- The first-ever Goldbelly’s Best of New York presented by Bucket Listers hosted by Joe Ariel with a show-stopping performance by 90’s icon, GRAMMY® award-winner, and front man of legendary group RUN DMC, Rev
- The return of ABSOLUT presents Drag Brunch hosted by David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris with special guests Detox and Murray Hill featured performances from NYC’s most popular drag queens including Brie Bordeaux, Kimmi Moore, Kizha Carr and Nick
To close-out the weekend, an enthusiastic crowd indulged in the ultimate Sunday Funday at Backyard BBQ presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats and National Beef hosted by Andrew Zimmern featuring face-painting for kids and carnivorous creations from NYC’s most lauded pit masters.
Save the Date: The Festival will return for its 15th installment October 2022. Stay up to date by following the conversation all year long on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using @NYCWFF/#NYCWFF.
For hi-resolution images please contact [email protected].Download PDF